Re: Fonts reorganization and additions

I got these new font packages and although I saw the announcement, the
two mirrors I've tried do not have the updated xorg-server yet
(although they both have these updated font packages).  Is there a way
to make a sub-version (1.17.2-4 for xorg-server, not 1.17.2-3 as is
listed below, contains the font path changes) a requirement?  Would
have saved me a little bit of a headache this morning as well.

On Fri, Sep 11, 2015 at 11:40 AM, Yaakov Selkowitz
<yselkowitz@cygwin.com> wrote:
> On Fri, 2015-09-11 at 12:29 -0400, Ken Brown wrote:
>> On 9/11/2015 7:21 AM, Ola StrÃmfors wrote:
>> > The update gave the following error:
>> >
>> >    Unable to extract
>> >    /etc/X11/fontpath.d/xorg-x11-fonts-75dpi:unscaled:pri=20
>> >
>> >    The File is in use or some other error occurred.
>> >
>> >    Please stop all Cygwin processes and select "Retry", or select
>> >    "Continue" to go on anyway (the file will be updated after a reboot).
>> >
>> > and a similar message about the misc fonts.
>> >
>> > - Reboot did not help
>> > - After uninstalling the packages, creating the directory
>> >    /etc/X11/fontpath.d and installing them again,
>>
>> This looks like a packaging error.  Yaakov, shouldn't installing
>> xorg-x11-fonts-* create /etc/X11/fontpath.d if it doesn't exist?  From
>>
>> https://cygwin.com/cgi-bin2/package-grep.cgi?grep=etc%2FX11%2Ffontpath.d&arch=x86_64
>>
>> it appears that terminus-fonts is the only package that creates this
>> directory.
>
> They do already, and they show up in the search.
>
> --
> Yaakov
>

> --

Nem W Schlecht                   nem@emptec.com
Empyreal Technologies    http://www.emptec.com/
 "Perl did the magic.  I just waved the wand."