Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] New: luajit-2.0.4-1

On Fri, 2015-09-18 at 15:15 -0400, Ken Brown wrote:
> Thanks for this!  I can use your 64-bit patch to build luajittex on
> 64-bit Cygwin.  Two questions:
>
> 1. Do you plan to send your patch upstream?  I had some correspondence
> with the author last year in which he said he would welcome a patch to
> make luajit build on 64-bit Cygwin.

Unfortunately, upstreaming takes time (particularly when dealing with
the many misconceptions people have about Cygwin) so I've admittedly
been lax in that regard.

> 2. Why did you use the -fexceptions flag in your build?  The build
> succeeds without that flag, and luajit still works AFAICT.  (But I don't
> really know how to test it.)

I'm just taking their word for it:

http://repo.or.cz/w/luajit-2.0.git/blob/8715ae6:/src/lj_err.c#l20

In particular, see line 50-55, although perhaps that only applies to
ELF?

--
Yaakov