Re: convert does nothing - issue with cyglcms2-2 dll?

On 11/10/2015 16:25, Katriel Friedman wrote:
Hi Cygwin List,

I'm running Windows 7, 64 bit, with Cygwin 64-bit installed from the 2.871
installer. The Imagemagick "convert" command returns the prompt
immediately, even when followed by gibberish, e.g. "convert adsfasdf". I
first observed the problem with Imagemagick 6.9.1.3-3. I tried
uninstalling and reinstalling Imagemagick, and restarting Cygwin, and the
problem remained. I also tried downgrading to 6.7.6.3-4, and the problem
still remained.

When I start convert.exe directly from windows Explorer I get the pop-up
error "the procedure entry point cmsCreateContext could not be located in
the dynamic link library cyglcms2-2.dll". I also tried reinstalling
liblcms2-2 to no avail.

No problem for me.
Please note that cyglcms2-2.dll is a indirect dependency of
convert so you may need to reinstall libgs9 and libMagickCore6_2

$ cygcheck convert
Found: E:\cygwin64\bin\convert.exe
Found: E:\cygwin64\bin\convert.exe
Found: C:\WINDOWS\system32\convert.exe
E:\cygwin64\bin\convert.exe
  E:\cygwin64\bin\cygwin1.dll
  E:\cygwin64\bin\cygMagickCore-6.Q16-2.dll
[..]
    E:\cygwin64\bin\cyggs-9.dll
      E:\cygwin64\bin\cygidn-11.dll
      E:\cygwin64\bin\cyglcms2-2.dll

$ cygcheck -f /usr/bin/cyglcms2-2.dll
liblcms2_2-2.6-1

$ cygcheck -f /usr/bin/cyggs-9.dll
libgs9-9.15-2

 $ cygcheck -f /usr/bin/cygMagickCore-6.Q16-2.dll
libMagickCore6_2-6.9.1.3-3

I know in the past this problem has occurred because of missing XOrg DLLs
(https://www.cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-xfree/2006-11/msg00001.html) but I'm not
sure where to look for those DLLs now.

please also note that there is a system utility called in the same way
C:\WINDOWS\system32\convert.exe

so be sure to have cygwin /usr/bin directory in the PATH
before any system one.

Many thanks,
Katriel

Regards