Re: How to correctly rebase?

Warren,

On Monday, 2015-10-19 17:59:23 -0600, you wrote:

> If nothing else, this would have gotten you back into action a lot faster than the 7 days youâve been fighting with your current installation.

In hindsight,  yes maybe.  But it's a long  known corollary to  Murphy's
Law that when  you're searching for some solution  you'll always find in
the last place you look for it.

> > Service             : cron
> > Display name        : Cron daemon
> > Current State       : Running
>
> Someone else caught this, but Iâll repeat it: Until the Cygwin cron
> service is stopped, Cygwin is still running, so a rebaseall will not
> be as effective as it should be.

Well, for me it's  quite normal that  "cygserver" and "cron" are running
when I'm reading or  writing mail  or even when  I'm running "cygcheck".
However,  this doesn't necessarily mean  that they were running  while I
tried to rebase.

Sincerely,
  Rainer