Re: Updated: Perl distributions

Jim Reisert AD1C writes:
> Let's say that I installed one of these modules using "cpan
> install..." instead of downloading from the Cygwin repository:
>
>> perl-Archive-Zip-1.55-1
>> etc.
>
> How can I go about reversing that to use the module from the Cygwin
> repository instead?  Is it as simple as downloading the module from
> the Cygwin repository, or do I need to uninstall the module from my
> Perl installation first?

Depends on where you installed them to.  If you installed them into
/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl, then you will need to remove those modules
from there (or rename the whole directory if you just need to check what
else is going to break).  If you've installed to some local::lib, then
you can just remove the customization that lets Perl know where to find
these.

Regards,
Achim.