Need tips to open a socket and to debug it

Greetings all,

I'm moving a "C" program to 64-bit Windows 10 that worked previously in 32-bit Win7. It builds, compiles and runs (AFAIK) with the exception of being able to open a socket. Calling the socket thusly:

    if ((g->listen = socket(PF_LOCAL, SOCK_STREAM, 0)) < 0) {
        fprintf(stderr, "Can't create socket: %d %s", (int) errno, strerror(errno));
        return -1;
    }

The code is built for 64-bit windows using this:
x86_64-pc-cygwin-gcc -g --std=gnu99 -O0 -DGLUT_DISABLE_ATEXIT_HACK -nostdinc -march=core2 -m64

The result, however, is ENOENT  and "No such file or directory."
uname -a : CYGWIN_NT-10.0 LAPTOP-B8KN061R 2.4.0(0.293/5/3) 2016-01-15 16:16 x86_64 Cygwin

I've tried a few things with the firewall and looked for internet tips. No luck, clearly.

So, I had the idea to step into the socket call and see what's going on. ENOENT seems a bit weird. I'm using Eclipse and gdb for this and it's working fine, with source, for the application. I can step around the machine code for the cygwin calls but no source. I've tried downloading the source files and debug info but I'm perplexed as to making that work. I don't seem to be finding the source files by hand that look like the machine code.

Can someone point me to a good reference on how to debug the distributed cygwin libraries? I would seem to be supported but I'm just not getting how to point to the sources and debug info from gdb.

Thanks for any and all support.

Glen