This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Performance of "ls -F"
- From: Achim Gratz <Stromeko at NexGo dot DE>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 21 Jan 2016 16:01:28 +0000 (UTC)
- Subject: Re: Performance of "ls -F"
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <loom dot 20160121T163405-489 at post dot gmane dot org> <CAH5rLZVWiGz2n-3Ru-C0_5KU-Cc4NipJPn1NQVphN2UetUK4iA at mail dot gmail dot com>
William M. (Mike) Miller <william.m.miller <at> gmail.com> writes:
> The overhead appears to be in checking for executable files; using
> --file-type instead of -F, which just omits the '*' category, reduces
> the time for ls in one of my (local) large directories from over one
> second to 0.04 seconds.
Indeed. Thanks for letting me know!
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple