This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: umask not honored?
- From: K Stahl <kdstahl at gmail dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 22 Jan 2016 09:33:23 -0500
- Subject: Re: umask not honored?
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAMK_jUWKGzY0dO+uJN87Ug8izt09vRJE0=ToAgPVjUdGCfiNjg at mail dot gmail dot com>
Discovered the cause of the issue.
Somehow, the Win7 permission on my home directory were all messed up.
Move my home directory out of the way.
Restarted cygwin and let it create the initial directory.
Moved my files back in and everything seems to work as expected.
On Thu, Jan 21, 2016 at 4:40 PM, K Stahl <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> Created a new directory in my home directory with the following: mkdir test
> created an empty file in this directory with: touch test/empty
> When I list the contents of this path I get the following:
> $ ls -Al test
> total 0
> --w-rw----+ 1 kdstah GROUP_CHANGED 0 Jan 21 16:35 empty
> My umask is set to 0022
> My home directory has the following permissions: 750 (use ssh)
> /etc/fstab is configured with:
> none /cygdrive cygdrive binary,posix=0,user 0 0
> If I create the same file within any existing directory, the umask is honored.
> Any thoughts?
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple