This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Cygwin setup with HTTPS package mirror
- From: "Brian J. Krische" <bkrische at ra dot rockwell dot com>
- To: "cygwin at cygwin dot com" <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Fri, 22 Jan 2016 17:32:24 +0000
- Subject: Cygwin setup with HTTPS package mirror
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- Authentication-results: spf=none (sender IP is ) smtp dot mailfrom=bkrische at ra dot rockwell dot com;
- Spamdiagnosticmetadata: NSPM
- Spamdiagnosticoutput: 1:23
I'm using a local LAN server to act as a cache of a cygwin package mirror. I'm trying to have the Cygwin setup application use this local server instead of one of the public mirrors. However, I'm having a bit of a problem. It appears the cygwin setup application can't use HTTPS to connect to this local server. I even ran wireshark while the cygwin setup was running, and I didn't even see any attempts for the setup to connect to the server. The setup application iterated through the various package list files and errored out saying it couldn't download them.
Is the cygwin setup application capable of using HTTPS to connect to a package server?
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple