Re: less.exe v481-1 cannot seek to EOF in CRLF file; current cygwin32, Win10 only.

> > please reply on the list
> > and Bottom post please.

> > > Any size larger than a few meg.  That is, any size that takes more than
a few
> > > milliseconds to seek to the end, I think.
> >
> > We will need someone with W10 to test it and confirm it.
> > On W7 I have no issue at all with 250MB file
>
> Tested on W10-64-cygwin-32 and a 207M-file, dos and unix-endings: both
> behave the same, i.e. no error when pressing 'G' and display the last
> line. Was that the question?
>
> cygwin 2.2.1, less 481
>
> -Helmut

I have reproduced on Win7, same exact cygwin, same exact symptom.

OK, that you guys can't reproduce suggests that there is something special
about my cygwin installation.

What is special, I suspect, is that I have not actually recreated it in many
years: I just update it, and copy the whole thing from machine to machine.  (I
described this in the attachment to my original email.)  That has worked well
for a long time -- it is much easier and more consistent than running
setup.exe on many machines.  But I suspect it has broken down.  Somehow, I may
have old libs or old config files mixed with new.  (This last update, from 1.7
to 2.3, is clearly a big one.)

So, I will re-install cygwin from scratch on one machine, this weekend.

In the meantime, put this bug report on hold.  Thanks to all of you.

I will let the list know how this comes out.

---
Karl Botts, kdbotts@usa.net