This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: snapshots (archive files) are too big ... Why?
- From: Houder <houder at xs4all dot nl>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sat, 23 Jan 2016 17:42:31 +0100
- Subject: Re: snapshots (archive files) are too big ... Why?
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <ed7dd3377a4cc1aa59001d627c7237ad at xs4all dot nl> <1211985131 dot 20160123172147 at yandex dot ru>
On 2016-01-23 15:21, Andrey Repin wrote:
But this is actually a problem.
Not sure ...extraction appears NOT to be a problem ... (yes, the same
file is extracted multiple times).
On the other hand, the "big" archive file might indicate there is room
for improvement ...
However, it might be so that the person who wrote the script believes
that she/he can only rely on Lamport's clock:
The "version" of the file, that survives the extraction process, will
be the one that was last appended to the archive file ...
See 18.104.22.168 Multiple Members with the Same Name.
Of course, I am just guessing ... that is why I wrote: I am curious.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple