This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
FW: Error installing/updating Cygwin on Windows 10
- From: Maarten Jacobs <maarten256 at hotmail dot com>
- To: "cygwin at cygwin dot com" <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Sun, 24 Jan 2016 14:30:34 -0500
- Subject: FW: Error installing/updating Cygwin on Windows 10
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <BLU170-W2358ECF40AEBE4116058499EC60 at phx dot gbl>
I have been getting the following error when I update/install packages in Cygwin (32-bit) on Windows 10:
Package: _/Unknown package
base-files-mketc.sh exit code 1
When I look at /var/log/setup.log.full, it gives me the following cryptic error message:
2016/01/24 14:21:35 running: C:\cygwin\bin\bash.exe --norc --noprofile "/etc/postinstall/base-files-mketc.sh"
Directory /cygdrive/c/Windows/SysWOW64/drivers/etc does not exist; exiting
If directory name is garbage you need to update your cygwin package
2016/01/24 14:21:35 abnormal exit: exit code=1
I think that "SysWOW64" is "garbage" but I'm not sure what it is supposed to be.
Also the comments "update your cygwin package" leaves something to be desired as it's not clear which package needs to be updated.
I am running the following version of setup.exe:
setup.exe 2.873 32-bit
I'll try and see if there is a later version of setup.exe that does not have this issue.
Incidentally, on the same system, a 64-bit install of Cygwin does not have this problem.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple