This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: FW: Error installing/updating Cygwin on Windows 10
- From: Duncan Roe <duncan_roe at acslink dot net dot au>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 25 Jan 2016 09:02:07 +1100
- Subject: Re: FW: Error installing/updating Cygwin on Windows 10
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <BLU170-W2358ECF40AEBE4116058499EC60 at phx dot gbl> <BLU170-W23A59132F428524EBD61329EC60 at phx dot gbl>
On Sun, Jan 24, 2016 at 02:30:34PM -0500, Maarten Jacobs wrote:
> I have been getting the following error when I update/install packages in Cygwin (32-bit) on Windows 10:
> Package: _/Unknown package
> base-files-mketc.sh exit code 1
> When I look at /var/log/setup.log.full, it gives me the following cryptic error message:
> 2016/01/24 14:21:35 running: C:\cygwin\bin\bash.exe --norc --noprofile "/etc/postinstall/base-files-mketc.sh"
> Directory /cygdrive/c/Windows/SysWOW64/drivers/etc does not exist; exiting
> If directory name is garbage you need to update your cygwin package
> 2016/01/24 14:21:35 abnormal exit: exit code=1
I got that message yesterday. It went away when I created the etc directory
(from an Admin CMD window), suggest you do likewise.
Cheers ... Duncan.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple