This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Performance of "ls -F"
- From: "Lemke, Michael ST/HZA-ZIC2" <lemkemch at schaeffler dot com>
- To: "cygwin at cygwin dot com" <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Mon, 25 Jan 2016 09:57:42 +0000
- Subject: Re: Performance of "ls -F"
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
I just want to add an observation and stay out of this
conversation otherwise: ls -F is comparably slow on a
network drive here but as noted by someone else in this
thread ls --file-type is fast. However, the combination
ls --file-type --color is as slow as ls -F here. Maybe
a hint for you to find out what is going on.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple