This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
RE: Error installing/updating Cygwin on Windows 10
- From: Maarten Jacobs <maarten256 at hotmail dot com>
- To: "cygwin at cygwin dot com" <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Mon, 25 Jan 2016 09:58:42 -0500
- Subject: RE: Error installing/updating Cygwin on Windows 10
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <BLU170-W2358ECF40AEBE4116058499EC60 at phx dot gbl> <BLU170-W23A59132F428524EBD61329EC60 at phx dot gbl> <20160124220207 dot GB6031 at dimstar dot local dot net> <BLU170-W72425FD134EFE7E1A072399EC60 at phx dot gbl> <20160124223155 dot GC6031 at dimstar dot local dot net> <56A576FF dot 4080402 at cygwin dot com> <BLU170-W62176C93035E4505C3A6739EC70 at phx dot gbl>,<56A58E78 dot 7010607 at cygwin dot com>
My apologies - I now see the email that indicates the package was updated to address this specific issue!
> Subject: Re: Error installing/updating Cygwin on Windows 10
> To: email@example.com
> From: firstname.lastname@example.org
> Date: Sun, 24 Jan 2016 21:54:48 -0500
> On 1/24/2016 8:53 PM, Maarten Jacobs wrote:
>> Duncan - thanks for the suggestion!
>> Larry - I'm not sure what you mean by " If you use the latest Cygwin
>> package, you won't see this error.". This error started when I installed
>> Cygwin from scratch, using the latest setup.exe from the website.
>> Presumably using the setup.exe from the website, and starting with a
>> clean install should ensure I have the "latest Cygwin package" -
>> whichever package this maye be?
> the Cygwin distribution is a rolling release so at any point in time,
> you're installing the latest packages, assuming you don't specify other
> available versions. But, since you installed, the Cygwin package itself has
> been updated to address the specific issue you're seeing. If you want the
> benefits of that, you should upgrade (or reinstall). If you don't, that's
> fine. But my response was as much for others that may see this thread as
> for you. In other words, regardless of whether you find Duncan's
> information helpful, others should not need to use it. If someone finds
> that's not true, the problem should be reported to the list using the
> problem reporting guidelines found at the link below:
> A: Yes.
>> Q: Are you sure?
>>> A: Because it reverses the logical flow of conversation.
>>>> Q: Why is top posting annoying in email?
> Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
> FAQ: http://cygwin.com/faq/
> Documentation: http://cygwin.com/docs.html
> Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple