Re: CVS problems on 64-bit cygwin

On 29/01/2016 05:11, lloyd.wood@yahoo.co.uk wrote:
I'm having trouble with pulling from cvs under 64-bit cygwin.

I have parallel 32-bit and 64-bit cygwin installs on a Win7 Enterprise machine.

Under 32-bit cygwin, I do this all the time:
cvs -z3 -d:ext:lloydwood@savi.cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/savi co savi-dev

and quite happily; type password at prompt, pull files and go.

Under 64-bit cygwin, this doesn't work; I never get a password prompt.

try with
 CVS_RSH="ssh"; export CVS_RSH
cvs -z3 -d:ext:lloydwood@savi.cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/savi co savi-dev

I see that the cvs versions are different:

Under 64-bit cygwin:
$ which cvs
/usr/bin/cvs

$ cvs -version

Concurrent Versions System (CVS) 1.11.23 (client/server)

Under 32-bit cygwin
$ which cvs
/usr/bin/cvs

$ cvs -version

Concurrent Versions System (CVS) 1.12.13 (client/server)

So, different versions, the cvs version under 64-bit Cygwin appears  earlier than the version under 32-bit Cygwin (but I no longer understand FSF version numbering; don't ask me about gcc 5...) but this earlier(?) version has a later year. And, unlike 32-bit, doesn't seem to work.

Something here is very very odd, and I'd appreciate enlightenment.

https://sourceware.org/ml/cygwin-announce/2015-07/msg00054.html

thanks

Lloyd Wood

Regards