This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: upgrades hang forever on 0p_000_autorebase.dash
- From: Achim Gratz <Stromeko at NexGo dot DE>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 29 Jan 2016 08:03:46 +0000 (UTC)
- Subject: Re: upgrades hang forever on 0p_000_autorebase.dash
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <56AA9EEB dot 5050607 at spacesurfer dot com>
Patrick Mackinlay <patrick <at> spacesurfer.com> writes:
> It requires user input because the file
> is created read only the first time and then the second time a rm
> requires user confirmation.
When run from setup then rm should not prompt (and it doesn't for my
installations), at least not if the permissions on the directory are correct
and you always run it under the same UID. I could add a "-f", but...
You seem to have some borked ACL on your Cygwin installation (i.e. a fresh
installation shouldn't have these) or something's wrong with the UID
settings (maybe mopve /etc/passwd and /etc/group files). Do you run
setup.exe as administrator? Is this a system-wide or user installation?
Also the latest snapshot changes the handling of the Administrator and
SYSTEM accounts to resolve some issues with intended vs. effective group
rights and ACL mask computation.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple