This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Updated: emacs-24.5-3 (TEST)
- From: Daniel Daboul <danieldaboul at gmail dot com>
- To: The Cygwin Mailing List <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Fri, 29 Jan 2016 16:00:17 +0200
- Subject: Re: Updated: emacs-24.5-3 (TEST)
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <56A40D09 dot 1010606 at cornell dot edu>
On Sun, Jan 24, 2016 at 1:30 AM, Ken Brown <email@example.com> wrote:
> The following packages have been updated in the Cygwin distribution as
> test releases:
> * emacs-24.5-3
> * emacs-X11-24.5-3
> * emacs-w32-24.5-3
> * emacs-el-24.5-3
> This is a rebuild of the 24.5-2 packages, patched to allow native Windows
> paths like C:\foo or C:/foo in situations where file names are expected.
> If you are interested in this feature, please try the test release and let
> me know whether it works the way you expect.
Thank you for the packages. I have started to use "emacs-w32-24.5-3",
I like the new
features and I have not encountered obvious bugs.
A shortcoming of the new version "GNU Emacs 24.5.1 (i686-pc-cygwin) of
2016-01-23 on moufang"
compared to a mingw version "GNU Emacs 24.3.1 (i386-mingw-nt6.2.9200)
of 2013-03-17 on MARVIN",
which I also use, is that file-name completion does not work for find-file if
a windows-style directory path is used. - Daniel
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple