Re: cygwin_conv_path sometimes removes trailing slash

On Sun, Jan 31, 2016 at 11:38 AM, Jan Nijtmans <> wrote:
>> I'm using cygwin_conv_path to convert Win32 paths to POSIX paths, and I'm
>> puzzled by the conversion
>>   d:/ --> /cygdrive/d
>> without the trailing slash.  By contrast, we have
>>   d:/foo/ --> /cygdrive/d/foo/
> This came up before:
>    <>
> I had to workaround it in tkimg.
> It's easy to workaround in your program, but - indeed -
> that shouldn't be necessary. I too would expect that
> when the input contains a slash, the output should too.

I've attached the patch that we use on MSYS2 for this. We found
ourselves patching projects all over the open-source landscape
otherwise so fixing it once and for all seems sensible. Note however,
a full fix also requires another patch that I posted two years ago [1]
that Corinna chose not to apply. In the two years since, we've yet to
find any issue with that patch. I will rebase it shortly in-case
there's any interest in reconsidering it.

Best regards,

Ray Donnelly.