This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: git gui won't run: error: git-gui died of signal 11
- From: Rainer Blome <rainer dot blome at gmx dot de>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sun, 31 Jan 2016 23:25:26 +0100
- Subject: Re: git gui won't run: error: git-gui died of signal 11
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CY1PR0601MB197562F8A988279436F056A786DB0 at CY1PR0601MB1975 dot namprd06 dot prod dot outlook dot com>
On 29.01.2016 03:04, Matt Seitz wrote:
> When I try to run "git gui" I get the following error:
> Matt@hp /cygdrive/c/Users/Matt
> $ git gui
> error: git-gui died of signal 11
> Log files attached.
It looks like you called `git gui` from your home directory.
That is unusual - is your entire home directory a git repo?
If not, what happens when you call git gui from inside an existing git repo?
That stack trace is mostly empty, no frames to see inside.
Looks like it crashed early, or something went wrong
with writing the stack trace itself.
Recently, I had an issue with Cygwin git, too. It was triggered
by an outdated /etc/passwd file. If you have one, try renaming
that temporarily, start a new Cygwin session and see if that helps.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple