This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: cygwin_conv_path sometimes removes trailing slash
- From: Henri <houder at xs4all dot nl>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 1 Feb 2016 10:29:17 +0000 (UTC)
- Subject: Re: cygwin_conv_path sometimes removes trailing slash
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <56AC2C35 dot 9060903 at cornell dot edu> <CAO1jNwv+Lza40TnN+woA_R1HpsnEZZvYda2f8A49NE+xvKUCGw at mail dot gmail dot com>
Jan Nijtmans <jan.nijtmans <at> gmail.com> writes:
> 2016-01-30 4:21 GMT+01:00 Ken Brown:
> > I'm using cygwin_conv_path to convert Win32 paths to POSIX paths, and I'm
> > puzzled by the conversion
> > d:/ --> /cygdrive/d
> > without the trailing slash. By contrast, we have
> > d:/foo/ --> /cygdrive/d/foo/
> This came up before:
> I had to workaround it in tkimg.
> It's easy to workaround in your program, but - indeed -
> that shouldn't be necessary. I too would expect that
> when the input contains a slash, the output should too.
> Jan Nijtmans
For the record ...
- Ken Brown refers to: win32 -> posix
- Jan Nijthuis and Ray Donnelly refer to: posix -> win32
Different code paths ...
(and yes, conversions in both directions should be correct)
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple