This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Any progress on "Fork issues ith long command lines and long $PATH"?
- From: Richard Heintze <sieg_heintze at yahoo dot com>
- To: Richard Heintze <sieg_heintze at yahoo dot com>, Ken Brown <kbrown at cornell dot edu>
- Cc: cygwin <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Mon, 1 Feb 2016 23:38:56 +0000 (UTC)
- Subject: Re: Any progress on "Fork issues ith long command lines and long $PATH"?
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <56A76E95 dot 7060501 at cornell dot edu> <813797665 dot 101723 dot 1454369130463 dot JavaMail dot yahoo at mail dot yahoo dot com>
- Reply-to: Richard Heintze <sieg_heintze at yahoo dot com>
On 1/25/2016 11:48 PM, Richard Heintze wrote:
>> How do I know I have your new version? Does it not take a while to propagate to all those servers? Is there a special place/server I can download and install it?
>> I'm running the Cygwin install program and it wants to know if I want to reinstall 24.5-2?
>Click on the spinner in the "New" column until it says 24.5-3.
(1) OK, I did that and I saw the 24.5-3. However, when I got to help about emacs, it says 24.5-1! did I do wrong?
(2) I want to post my stack dump and error messages from using bash with Native windows (aka FSF, or non-Cygwin) emacs since I think this is a bug in bash (and the original topic). Should I start a new thread for that?
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple