This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Any progress on "Fork issues ith long command lines and long $PATH"?
- From: Ken Brown <kbrown at cornell dot edu>
- To: Richard Heintze <sieg_heintze at yahoo dot com>
- Cc: cygwin <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Mon, 1 Feb 2016 21:52:03 -0500
- Subject: Re: Any progress on "Fork issues ith long command lines and long $PATH"?
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <56A76E95 dot 7060501 at cornell dot edu> <813797665 dot 101723 dot 1454369130463 dot JavaMail dot yahoo at mail dot yahoo dot com> <401071790 dot 101723 dot 1454369936757 dot JavaMail dot yahoo at mail dot yahoo dot com>
On 2/1/2016 6:38 PM, Richard Heintze wrote:
(1) OK, I did that and I saw the 24.5-3. However, when I got to help about emacs, it says 24.5-1! did I do wrong?
I don't think it says 24.5-1. It says 24.5.1. The ".1" is a build
counter, which has nothing to do with Cygwin's release number 3.
(2) I want to post my stack dump and error messages from using bash with Native windows (aka FSF, or non-Cygwin) emacs since I think this is a bug in bash (and the original topic). Should I start a new thread for that?
Unless you still think it's related to fork issues with long command
lines and long $PATH, I suggest you start a new thread. I won't be able
to help you with that, but maybe someone else will.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple