This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Fork and crashing problems
- From: Achim Gratz <Stromeko at NexGo dot DE>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 2 Feb 2016 15:31:44 +0000 (UTC)
- Subject: Re: Fork and crashing problems
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <56B0BDC2 dot 6070404 at gmail dot com> <loom dot 20160202T154727-861 at post dot gmane dot org> <56B0C960 dot 7070509 at gmail dot com>
James Darnley <james.darnley <at> gmail.com> writes:
> > Well, that exit code is ACCESS_VIOLATION... if you are sure it's not BLODA
> > related and it fails only intermittently and always with a different
> > program, I'd run a memory test.
> Do you mean something like Memtest86?
Yes, or maybe your BIOS has a built-in memory check, but these tend to be
not as thorough. You might also want to check if your graphics drivers are
up-to-date, they've been blamed for causing trouble like this in other
instances, especially if the screensaver kicks in during high load. But I'd
rule out dodgy memory first, let it run for at least four full test cycles
(that should take quite a while depending on how much memory you have).
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple