This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Problem with new acl code and cdrtools
- From: Ismail Donmez <ismail at i10z dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 9 Feb 2016 09:56:46 +0200
- Subject: Re: Problem with new acl code and cdrtools
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAFo71_4fDB3WkhXTL7eybNzKh2idVF1UHb7oJjaxFshcS9BFUg at mail dot gmail dot com> <20160208131835 dot GC12975 at calimero dot vinschen dot de> <CAFo71_5=KT=kJY-wz0EZWZ_LBriCjX2s6=5PSVhHRSxx-A92qg at mail dot gmail dot com> <56B8C25F dot 7050206 at lysator dot liu dot se> <CAFo71_4eQ2VMypAnC=Bx_bvbzGvVCs=jj4r9Ax6GDbgaH1zGOQ at mail dot gmail dot com> <CA0C06F1-A50D-4DBF-AB58-AADCE3D9F9F4 at etr-usa dot com>
On Tue, Feb 9, 2016 at 6:14 AM, Warren Young <email@example.com> wrote:
> On Feb 8, 2016, at 9:59 AM, Ismail Donmez <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
>> On Mon, Feb 8, 2016 at 6:29 PM, Peter Rosin <email@example.com> wrote:
>>> On 2016-02-08 14:31, Ismail Donmez wrote:
>>>> This is a generic code so I don't want to add a cygwin specific
>>>> dependency there. Is there a preprocessor definition for cygwin
>>>> version? I could use that to disable HAVE_SUN_ACL for cygwin 2.5+
>>> Pardon me for butting in, but isn't adding a Cygwin version check
>>> about as non-generic as it gets?
>>> Wouldn't something like this work:
>>> .../configure ac_cv_func_aclfromtext=no
>> Thats a hack :)
> I donât know if that smiley means youâre joking or if youâre just trying to soften a negative judgement, but Peterâs proposal is as far from a hack as it gets.
What Peter suggests is telling autoconf to assume aclfromtext() does
not exist on the system which is a hack and I already have a hack I
> He is proposing that you write an autoconf test that determines if the platform has this new ACL behavior. Then in your C code:
> #include <config.h>
> #if HAVE_FUNC_ACLFROMTEXT
> # include <cygwin/acl.h>
I could check for __cygwin__ instead of that which would do the same thing.
Anyhow the discussion diverged a lot, and for now I'll be using my
simple hack of disabling HAVE_SUN_ACL manually.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple