This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Problem with new acl code and cdrtools
- From: Ismail Donmez <ismail at i10z dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 9 Feb 2016 10:50:09 +0200
- Subject: Re: Problem with new acl code and cdrtools
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAFo71_4fDB3WkhXTL7eybNzKh2idVF1UHb7oJjaxFshcS9BFUg at mail dot gmail dot com> <20160208131835 dot GC12975 at calimero dot vinschen dot de> <CAFo71_5=KT=kJY-wz0EZWZ_LBriCjX2s6=5PSVhHRSxx-A92qg at mail dot gmail dot com> <56B8C25F dot 7050206 at lysator dot liu dot se> <CAFo71_4eQ2VMypAnC=Bx_bvbzGvVCs=jj4r9Ax6GDbgaH1zGOQ at mail dot gmail dot com> <CA0C06F1-A50D-4DBF-AB58-AADCE3D9F9F4 at etr-usa dot com> <CAFo71_58PFDgaNU4-bdj4JoCndXAd=+i57w_eAgeq==RVcyoDw at mail dot gmail dot com> <BAF8618B-B333-4391-91B9-17174761484C at etr-usa dot com>
On Tue, Feb 9, 2016 at 10:46 AM, Warren Young <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> On Feb 9, 2016, at 12:56 AM, Ismail Donmez <email@example.com> wrote:
>> On Tue, Feb 9, 2016 at 6:14 AM, Warren Young <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
>>> On Feb 8, 2016, at 9:59 AM, Ismail Donmez <email@example.com> wrote:
>>>> Thats a hack :)
>>> Peterâs proposal is as far from a hack as it gets.
>> What Peter suggests is telling autoconf to assume aclfromtext() does
>> not exist on the system which is a hack and I already have a hack I
>> could use.
> No. Once again, heâs suggesting that you write a *test* that checks whether aclfromtext() exists here. Hypothesis -> test -> decision is science, not assumption or hackery.
The check would succeed for all versions of Cygwin, the hack part is
telling configure to not check for it and assume "no".
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple