This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Problem with new acl code and cdrtools
- From: Peter Rosin <peda at lysator dot liu dot se>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 09 Feb 2016 09:56:56 +0100
- Subject: Re: Problem with new acl code and cdrtools
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAFo71_4fDB3WkhXTL7eybNzKh2idVF1UHb7oJjaxFshcS9BFUg at mail dot gmail dot com> <20160208131835 dot GC12975 at calimero dot vinschen dot de> <CAFo71_5=KT=kJY-wz0EZWZ_LBriCjX2s6=5PSVhHRSxx-A92qg at mail dot gmail dot com> <56B8C25F dot 7050206 at lysator dot liu dot se> <CAFo71_4eQ2VMypAnC=Bx_bvbzGvVCs=jj4r9Ax6GDbgaH1zGOQ at mail dot gmail dot com> <CA0C06F1-A50D-4DBF-AB58-AADCE3D9F9F4 at etr-usa dot com> <CAFo71_58PFDgaNU4-bdj4JoCndXAd=+i57w_eAgeq==RVcyoDw at mail dot gmail dot com>
On 2016-02-09 08:56, Ismail Donmez wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 9, 2016 at 6:14 AM, Warren Young <email@example.com> wrote:
>> On Feb 8, 2016, at 9:59 AM, Ismail Donmez <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
>>> On Mon, Feb 8, 2016 at 6:29 PM, Peter Rosin <email@example.com> wrote:
>>>> On 2016-02-08 14:31, Ismail Donmez wrote:
>>>>> This is a generic code so I don't want to add a cygwin specific
>>>>> dependency there. Is there a preprocessor definition for cygwin
>>>>> version? I could use that to disable HAVE_SUN_ACL for cygwin 2.5+
>>>> Pardon me for butting in, but isn't adding a Cygwin version check
>>>> about as non-generic as it gets?
>>>> Wouldn't something like this work:
>>>> .../configure ac_cv_func_aclfromtext=no
>>> Thats a hack :)
>> I donât know if that smiley means youâre joking or if youâre just trying to soften a negative judgement, but Peterâs proposal is as far from a hack as it gets.
> What Peter suggests is telling autoconf to assume aclfromtext() does
> not exist on the system which is a hack and I already have a hack I
> could use.
>> He is proposing that you write an autoconf test that determines if the platform has this new ACL behavior. Then in your C code:
>> #include <config.h>
>> #if HAVE_FUNC_ACLFROMTEXT
>> # include <cygwin/acl.h>
> I could check for __cygwin__ instead of that which would do the same thing.
> Anyhow the discussion diverged a lot, and for now I'll be using my
> simple hack of disabling HAVE_SUN_ACL manually.
My take on the situation was that you could disable SUN ACLs by telling
configure that cdrtools should not use aclfromtext(), and that the code
that backs this was already in place. I.e. that you could get a working
build recipe w/o any hacking/patching of cdrtools at all.
I might be misunderstanding something though, but if it works and if
it is considered more of an hack than introducing a cygwin version
check inside the cdrtools package, then that's not my headache.
Just trying to help...
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple