This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Problem with new acl code and cdrtools
- From: Peter Rosin <peda at lysator dot liu dot se>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 09 Feb 2016 11:13:17 +0100
- Subject: Re: Problem with new acl code and cdrtools
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAFo71_4fDB3WkhXTL7eybNzKh2idVF1UHb7oJjaxFshcS9BFUg at mail dot gmail dot com> <20160208131835 dot GC12975 at calimero dot vinschen dot de> <CAFo71_5=KT=kJY-wz0EZWZ_LBriCjX2s6=5PSVhHRSxx-A92qg at mail dot gmail dot com> <56B8C25F dot 7050206 at lysator dot liu dot se> <CAFo71_4eQ2VMypAnC=Bx_bvbzGvVCs=jj4r9Ax6GDbgaH1zGOQ at mail dot gmail dot com> <CA0C06F1-A50D-4DBF-AB58-AADCE3D9F9F4 at etr-usa dot com> <CAFo71_58PFDgaNU4-bdj4JoCndXAd=+i57w_eAgeq==RVcyoDw at mail dot gmail dot com> <56B9A9D8 dot 1030900 at lysator dot liu dot se> <CAFo71_7Q4C73ec_ULtBESxg5Q1P-QmLxHCQYqjfssQKDt4HxZA at mail dot gmail dot com>
On 2016-02-09 10:06, Ismail Donmez wrote:
> Hi Peter,
> On Tue, Feb 9, 2016 at 10:56 AM, Peter Rosin <email@example.com> wrote:
>> My take on the situation was that you could disable SUN ACLs by telling
>> configure that cdrtools should not use aclfromtext(), and that the code
>> that backs this was already in place. I.e. that you could get a working
>> build recipe w/o any hacking/patching of cdrtools at all.
>> I might be misunderstanding something though, but if it works and if
>> it is considered more of an hack than introducing a cygwin version
>> check inside the cdrtools package, then that's not my headache.
>> Just trying to help...
> If my reply came out as rude, I am sincerely sorry. As you said yes
> this would be a way to fix the situation for Cygwin, but I would be
> more happy with a pre-processor macro which we can use for this.
I didn't think it rude, but it is clear that we disagree about what is
a dirty hack and what is generic. Disagreeing isn't necessarily rude :-)
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple