This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Last Version of Cygwin for XP
- From: cyg Simple <cygsimple at gmail dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 11 Feb 2016 13:10:05 -0500
- Subject: Re: Last Version of Cygwin for XP
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CA+0JN2rG-bH3cWeEVfek5Y3xRVY_BB+Jpxspch95YOKJ+tyUdg at mail dot gmail dot com> <56BA9DB2 dot 3080106 at cygwin dot com> <56BB6FD1 dot 6000208 at molconn dot com> <56BB7220 dot 5010101 at cygwin dot com>
On 2/10/2016 12:23 PM, Yaakov Selkowitz wrote:
> On 2016-02-10 11:13, LMH wrote:
>> Yaakov Selkowitz wrote:
>>> On 2016-02-09 19:37, Jonathan Brenster wrote:
>>>> I saw a post a number of months back indicating that XP support would
>>>> start to phase out in Dec '15.
>>>> Is there a last version or intended last version that still officially
>>>> supports it?
>>> Support for XP has yet to be removed but that is subject to change at
>>> any time.
>> I would find it very helpful if there was official notification to this
>> list when a version is released that no longer supports XP. I am sure
>> that other users like myself who still have XP on some machines would
>> also appreciate notification.
> That will surely be mentioned in the announcement of whichever version
> of the 'cygwin' package this takes effect.
A git tag would be helpful for LAST-XP supported version. There are
certainly plenty of XP still being used that takes advantage of Cygwin.
The problem will be the other packages that stop support of older
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple