This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Unable able to use "grep" command in VIM 7.4
- From: Jeremy Leung <Leung-J2 at email dot ulster dot ac dot uk>
- To: "cygwin at cygwin dot com" <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Fri, 12 Feb 2016 14:16:42 +0000
- Subject: Unable able to use "grep" command in VIM 7.4
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- Authentication-results: cygwin.com; dkim=none (message not signed) header.d=none;cygwin.com; dmarc=none action=none header.from=email.ulster.ac.uk;
- Spamdiagnosticmetadata: NSPM
- Spamdiagnosticoutput: 1:23
Hello Cygwin Team,
I have recently installed the latest version of Cygwin on my Windows 8 laptop, and everything is working as expected.
However the issue I am having is that when I'm in VIM, and try to use the ":grep" command, it says that the command is not available in this version.
Why is this the case when I can use grep outside of VIM with no issues, and how could I solve this?
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple