This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Any progress on "Fork issues ith long command lines and long $PATH"?
- From: Richard Heintze <sieg_heintze at yahoo dot com>
- To: Ken Brown <kbrown at cornell dot edu>
- Cc: cygwin <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Fri, 12 Feb 2016 23:38:44 +0000 (UTC)
- Subject: Re: Any progress on "Fork issues ith long command lines and long $PATH"?
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <56B019D3 dot 1000601 at cornell dot edu>
- Reply-to: Richard Heintze <sieg_heintze at yahoo dot com>
>On Monday, February 1, 2016 6:52 PM, Ken Brown <email@example.com> wrote:
>On 2/1/2016 6:38 PM, Richard Heintze wrote:
>> (1) OK, I did that and I saw the 24.5-3. However, when I got to help about emacs, it says 24.5-1! did I do wrong?
>I don't think it says 24.5-1. It says 24.5.1. The ".1" is a build
>counter, which has nothing to do with Cygwin's release number 3.
>> (2) I want to post my stack dump and error messages from using bash with Native windows (aka FSF, or non-Cygwin) emacs since I think >this is a bug in bash (and the original topic). Should I start a new thread for that?
>Unless you still think it's related to fork issues with long command
>lines and long $PATH, I suggest you start a new thread. I won't be able
>to help you with that, but maybe someone else will.
Thanks Ken. I got it.
I fixed my strange problems with FSF/Native/MinGW emacs with a new version of windows 10.
More on a new thread.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple