This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: mktemp() fails on Wine 1.9.3 + Cygwin 2.5.0-0.2
- From: Andrey Repin <anrdaemon at yandex dot ru>
- To: Qian Hong <fracting at gmail dot com>, cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sun, 14 Feb 2016 19:33:58 +0300
- Subject: Re: mktemp() fails on Wine 1.9.3 + Cygwin 2.5.0-0.2
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <56BF9370 dot 80303 at glup dot org> <CALd+sZR_gLFR9y_oBDSFVYcJpNbHFpn6zLVh8sFY_pTZhoxcng at mail dot gmail dot com>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
Greetings, Qian Hong!
> Thanks a lot for testing Cygwin on Wine.
> Wine Staging team and I done some Cygwin support work on Wine, we are
> glad to see people using Cygwin on Wine!
> However, generic speaking, if Cygwin works on Windows but breaks on
> Wine, I believe the first place to report is the Wine project. You are
> welcome to submit bug report to https://bugs.wine-staging.com/ and CC
> me :) It's also a good idea to search msys2/cygwin before submit new
> bugs: https://bugs.wine-staging.com/buglist.cgi?quicksearch=msys2&list_id=4821
> If any Cygwin developers are annoyed by Wine related post then I'll feel guilty.
> Regarding your specific problem, yes, I am able to reproduce it on
> Wine, and I can confirm it works on Windows.
> Could you file a bug to Wine Staging and CC me? I suggest to
> investigate the Wine side first before bother Cygwin devs too much :)
Pardon me for inserting my own noise, but there were cases, when running
Cygwin under Wine, due to Wine's "generic" behavior some questionable Cygwin's
behavior was uncovered.
Thus, knowing there's a bug report is still useful. Just don't forget to
report it to both sides and include reference links in your report.
With best regards,
Sunday, February 14, 2016 19:31:09
Sorry for my terrible english...
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple