This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] dosbox 0.74-2
- From: Andrey Repin <anrdaemon at yandex dot ru>
- To: waterlan <waterlan at xs4all dot nl>, cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 16 Feb 2016 20:47:42 +0300
- Subject: Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] dosbox 0.74-2
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <announce dot 201602151713 dot u1FHDlA5021662 at int-mx13 dot intmail dot prod dot int dot phx2 dot redhat dot com> <56C229DA dot 9060700 at xs4all dot nl> <56C2311D dot 404 at cygwin dot com> <ea13ddc3b75eb9016e943d18de98daf3 at xs4all dot nl> <56C26740 dot 7000802 at cygwin dot com> <fa2851e3f965744a19c34929676b75e5 at xs4all dot nl>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
>>> I run DosBOX-win32 directly on 64 bit Windows. No need for a Cygwin
>>> POSIX layer here.
>> You could say the same of many packages. If you want to run MinGW or
>> MSYS, go right ahead. If you want to use Cygwin as an environment in
>> and of its own, then the more packages therein the better.
> I agree with you, but I can't see the advantage for DosBOX.
I don't see a disadvantage either. So, what was your problem, again?
It is not like anyone forcing you to install it, right?
> I would also
> not run Wine or VirtualBox under Cygwin. It only adds slowness.
With best regards,
Tuesday, February 16, 2016 20:46:49
Sorry for my terrible english...
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple