This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] dosbox 0.74-2
- From: waterlan <waterlan at xs4all dot nl>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 16 Feb 2016 20:36:12 +0100
- Subject: Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] dosbox 0.74-2
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <announce dot 201602151713 dot u1FHDlA5021662 at int-mx13 dot intmail dot prod dot int dot phx2 dot redhat dot com> <56C229DA dot 9060700 at xs4all dot nl> <56C2311D dot 404 at cygwin dot com> <ea13ddc3b75eb9016e943d18de98daf3 at xs4all dot nl> <56C26740 dot 7000802 at cygwin dot com> <fa2851e3f965744a19c34929676b75e5 at xs4all dot nl> <773770423 dot 20160216204742 at yandex dot ru>
Andrey Repin schreef op 2016-02-16 18:47:
I run DosBOX-win32 directly on 64 bit Windows. No need for a Cygwin
POSIX layer here.
You could say the same of many packages. If you want to run MinGW or
MSYS, go right ahead. If you want to use Cygwin as an environment in
and of its own, then the more packages therein the better.
I agree with you, but I can't see the advantage for DosBOX.
I don't see a disadvantage either. So, what was your problem, again?
It is not like anyone forcing you to install it, right?
I don't have a problem with it. I was only wondering if anyone would use
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple