This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: netcdf 4.3.3-1.2: HDF5 library version mismatched error
- From: Marco Atzeri <marco dot atzeri at gmail dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 17 Feb 2016 09:53:58 +0100
- Subject: Re: netcdf 4.3.3-1.2: HDF5 library version mismatched error
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAHL-S0YUyxeDgeCmg0c8wKOpQQuZgdn1HPKPs6aAGXq0kZZRmg at mail dot gmail dot com>
On 17/02/2016 09:37, Alexander Barth wrote:
When I run the command:
ncdump.exe -h test_hgroups.nc
with the example NetCDF4 file from
I get the following HDF5 error message below, in particular:
Headers are 1.8.15, library is 1.8.16
Is it possible to recompile netcdf with the current version of HDF5?
This also affects octave-netcdf and possibly all programs which use netcdf.
Thank you for your fine work to maintain cygwin over all these years!
Unfortunately hdf5 is very poor in maintaining compatibility.
In theory 1.8.15 and 1.8.16 should be API compatible...
I was planning to wait octave 4.0.1 before bumping netcdf to 4.4.0.
But I will prepare netcdf-4.4.0 and netcdf-fortran-4.4.3 and bump
netcdf-cxx4-4.2.1 just to be sure.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple