This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Freeze package
- From: Achim Gratz <Stromeko at NexGo dot DE>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 18 Feb 2016 15:34:02 +0000 (UTC)
- Subject: Re: Freeze package
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <56C5D679 dot 1010604 at zoho dot com>
Byron Boulton <daytonb <at> zoho.com> writes:
> Is there a way to freeze a cygwin package to prevent upgrade?
This is a "if you have to ask, you shouldn't be doing it" type of question.
Keeping that in mind, you can edit /etc/setup/installed.db and give any
package a high enough version number so that setup thinks there's a more
recent version installed than what is available in the repo. You have to
remember that yourself or you'll start wondering a few months down the road
why things break in mysterious ways, though.
But you should really report the problem to the maintainer so that it can be
solved at its root, rather than trying to point-fix a local installation.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple