This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
RE: Re: XWin won't run xterm on start
- From: "Jaakov Jaakov" <j_k_v at ro dot ru>
- To: "Marco Atzeri" <marco dot atzeri at gmail dot com>
- Cc: "Cygwin" <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Sun, 21 Feb 2016 22:16:22 +0300
- Subject: RE: Re: XWin won't run xterm on start
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <56CA04E8 dot 6020304 at gmail dot com>
- Reply-to: "Jaakov Jaakov" <j_k_v at ro dot ru>
> Dear Marco:
> So, are you saying that not starting xterm is by design?
Well, then, apparently, the design changed several months ago.
> The manpage above is a bit outdated; creating a .startxwinrc with
> xrdb -load $HOME/.Xresources
> xbiff -geometry -430+5 &
> oclock -geometry 75x75-0-0 &
> xload -geometry -80-0 &
> xterm -geometry +0+60 -ls &
> xterm -geometry +0-100 &
> xconsole -geometry -0+0 -fn 5x7 &
> exec fbpanel -profile multiwindow
> and running startxwin from the text console results in
It is an example....
xterm -geometry +0+60 -ls &
xterm -geometry +0-100 &
killing xclock will shutdown the X server.
You can use any other program for that.
Thank you, I see. I cannot use xclock - we have one clock in Windows(TM) already, but I'll choose something.
Is there any way to do whatever the current version of
does (xwin-xdg-menu, gnome-keyring-daemon, and lots of other goodies which I sometimes need) and, in addition (as opposed to "instead"), run uxterm?
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple