This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] llvm 3.7.1-1
- From: Ismail Donmez <ismail at i10z dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 22 Feb 2016 11:35:55 +0200
- Subject: Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] llvm 3.7.1-1
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <announce dot 201602220833 dot u1M8XbpG019187 at int-mx09 dot intmail dot prod dot int dot phx2 dot redhat dot com> <loom dot 20160222T102922-321 at post dot gmane dot org>
On Mon, Feb 22, 2016 at 11:32 AM, Tony Kelman <email@example.com> wrote:
> Yaakov Selkowitz <yselkowitz <at> cygwin.com> writes:
>> This is an update to the latest upstream release. This release switches
>> to the CMake build, which results in many small shared libraries instead
>> of the single monolothic one from previous releases. Clang is also built
>> as a separate source package as a result.
> You're not supposed to use BUILD_SHARED_LIBS with LLVM's cmake build.
> They have a dedicated flag LLVM_BUILD_LLVM_DYLIB for this.
LLVM_BUILD_LLVM_DYLIB is introduced with llvm 3.8 (upcoming) and have
its own set of problems, see
https://llvm.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=22952 . Using BUILD_SHARED_LIBS
is a better idea for now.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple