This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: XWin won't run xterm on start
- From: Ken Brown <kbrown at cornell dot edu>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 22 Feb 2016 16:51:46 -0500
- Subject: Re: XWin won't run xterm on start
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <1456090085 dot 415814 dot 30486 dot 4659 at mail dot rambler dot ru> <56CA468C dot 2010809 at cs dot umass dot edu> <56CB73C2 dot 6010008 at ro dot ru>
On 2/22/2016 3:46 PM, Jaakov wrote:
Ah, perhaps. There may be ways to catch that, but it may be easier
OP to copy the startxwinrc file's contents. Not the best for
future changes ...
One way to prevent recursion is
if [[ "$FILEINCLUDED" != "1" ]];
... # do real job here
However, placing this either into the systemwide startxwinrc or into the
local .startxwinrc would not do anything useful.
The right thing to do would be to append a call to
$HOME/.startxwinrc_final (this name is freshly invented, feel free to
change) at the end of the systemwide startxwinrc. An alternative would
be to call $HOME/.startxwinrc_final from the same place from where the
systemwide startxwinrc is called; namely right after it.
Anyone feeling of doing this?
There's no need for this complexity. If you don't like what the system
startxwinrc does, just copy it to ~/.startxwinrc and modify it to suit
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple