This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Cygwin 1.7-58 with windows 2008
- From: Marco Atzeri <marco dot atzeri at gmail dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 23 Feb 2016 15:01:10 +0100
- Subject: Re: Cygwin 1.7-58 with windows 2008
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAPCR6Q3tkJ0ztopqRwj52WQBifdhC15ywikr7kBOokje0gNd7w at mail dot gmail dot com> <CAPCR6Q01AN+KuNySYE-pUAz=8m-vNA33Xq0yiB=ULkLYQYi7Yw at mail dot gmail dot com> <CAPCR6Q3vmSB2BnKdmjAqobQDOxVjU3GKE0J9q4eapkKirPO5Mg at mail dot gmail dot com>
On 23/02/2016 04:34, Rashi Singhal wrote:
We have call to "msgsnd" function that fails after processing 3 to 4 messages.
We tried both Block and NO Block mechanism (IPC_NOWAIT)
Also we changes configuration of cygserver.conf .This increases
message processing to 8-10 messages.But fails after that.
Attached is cygserver.conf file for reference:
I don't know if that is relevant , but please note that the file is with
"with CRLF line terminators"
I tested cygserver with msgtool from cygutils-extra package
a=0 ; while [ $? -eq 0 ] ; do a=$[$a+1] ; echo $a ; msgtool s $a
"This is test" ; done
a=0 ; while [ $? -eq 0 ] ; do a=$[$a+1] ; echo $a ; msgtool r $a
The system default accepts up to 40 messages so it seems strange that
it fails on 8-10 messages or less on your system.
I suggest you to look on output of
for hints on why is not working for your application.
Until you provide us a simple test case that we can replicate,
I doubt we can understand or solve the issue you meet.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple