This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Crash X11 with 3 commands
- From: Nem W Schlecht <nem at emptec dot com>
- To: The Cygwin Mailing List <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Wed, 24 Feb 2016 13:56:06 -0600
- Subject: Re: Crash X11 with 3 commands
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CA+2x6-LySp7b3UzNdvnb6bsUujpY+-As5LqQjUtanH_qSD4scQ at mail dot gmail dot com> <56CCA145 dot 1080706 at dronecode dot org dot uk>
On Tue, Feb 23, 2016 at 12:13 PM, Jon Turney
> On 11/12/2015 16:21, Nem W Schlecht wrote:
>> I was experimenting with Xterm escape sequences - trying to
>> resize/reposition a window while its iconized and found I can crash
>> X11 in just 3 escape commands in an Xterm (which I have in a shell
>> Can anybody else confirm? (WARNING - if it does, it'll kill all your
>> X11 windows! Be careful.)
> Thanks for reporting this.
> I was able to reproduce the crash (sporadically), but only when I was using XWin with the -compositewm option. Are you using that?
Yes, I am. My apologies, I added that ages ago and forgot about it.
Nem W Schlecht
"Perl did the magic. I just waved the wand."
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple