This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: sqlite3 not being built with libreadline
- From: Kenneth Smith <kefosmith at gmail dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sat, 27 Feb 2016 09:19:06 -0800
- Subject: Re: sqlite3 not being built with libreadline
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAE5i=Rg99dTs=SN3RZ4hXWWt_wfY98WJaRF4QnB5LoWA=OcsjQ at mail dot gmail dot com> <CAO1jNwuUmVgPi+zcs=_wyDD+Nq6A0eQv1tz+ePL9cno0FWvRuw at mail dot gmail dot com>
linenoise seems to ignore .inputrc, so yeah, I lost all those settings.
On Sat, Feb 27, 2016 at 2:51 AM, Jan Nijtmans <email@example.com> wrote:
> 2016-02-27 9:47 GMT+01:00 Kenneth Smith:
>> sqlite3 version 3.11.0-1 is not linked to libreadline:
>> $ ldd /usr/bin/sqlite3
>> ntdll.dll => /cygdrive/c/WINDOWS/SYSTEM32/ntdll.dll (0x772b0000)
>> KERNEL32.DLL => /cygdrive/c/WINDOWS/SYSTEM32/KERNEL32.DLL (0x741a0000)
>> KERNELBASE.dll => /cygdrive/c/WINDOWS/SYSTEM32/KERNELBASE.dll
>> Neither was 3.10.
>> A google search came up with a similar occurrence in 2013, so
>> presumably it is meant to have readline support...
> This probably dates back to this commit:
> SQLite links with the linenoise library by default now
> instead of libreadline.
> Is there any functionality in libreadline which is not
> in linenoise? If so, that would be reason to deviate
> from the default build options.
> Jan Nijtmans
> Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
> FAQ: http://cygwin.com/faq/
> Documentation: http://cygwin.com/docs.html
> Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple