This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
[ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: OpenSSH-7.2p1-1
- From: Corinna Vinschen <corinna-cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 3 Mar 2016 10:47:12 +0100
- Subject: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: OpenSSH-7.2p1-1
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
I've just updated the Cygwin version of OpenSSH to 7.2p1-1.
This is a functional and security upstream release.
Below's the original release message.
OpenSSH 7.2 has just been released. It will be available from the
mirrors listed at http://www.openssh.com/ shortly.
OpenSSH is a 100% complete SSH protocol 2.0 implementation and
includes sftp client and server support. OpenSSH also includes
transitional support for the legacy SSH 1.3 and 1.5 protocols
that may be enabled at compile-time.
Once again, we would like to thank the OpenSSH community for their
continued support of the project, especially those who contributed
code or patches, reported bugs, tested snapshots or donated to the
project. More information on donations may be found at:
Future deprecation notice
We plan on retiring more legacy cryptography in a near-future
* Refusing all RSA keys smaller than 1024 bits (the current minimum
is 768 bits)
This list reflects our current intentions, but please check the final
release notes for future releases.
This release disables a number of legacy cryptographic algorithms
by default in ssh:
* Several ciphers blowfish-cbc, cast128-cbc, all arcfour variants
and the rijndael-cbc aliases for AES.
* MD5-based and truncated HMAC algorithms.
These algorithms are already disabled by default in sshd.
Changes since OpenSSH 7.1p2
This is primarily a bugfix release.
* ssh(1), sshd(8): remove unfinished and unused roaming code (was
already forcibly disabled in OpenSSH 7.1p2).
* ssh(1): eliminate fallback from untrusted X11 forwarding to
trusted forwarding when the X server disables the SECURITY
* ssh(1), sshd(8): increase the minimum modulus size supported for
diffie-hellman-group-exchange to 2048 bits.
* sshd(8): pre-auth sandboxing is now enabled by default (previous
releases enabled it for new installations via sshd_config).
* all: add support for RSA signatures using SHA-256/512 hash
algorithms based on draft-rsa-dsa-sha2-256-03.txt and
* ssh(1): Add an AddKeysToAgent client option which can be set to
'yes', 'no', 'ask', or 'confirm', and defaults to 'no'. When
enabled, a private key that is used during authentication will be
added to ssh-agent if it is running (with confirmation enabled if
set to 'confirm').
* sshd(8): add a new authorized_keys option "restrict" that includes
all current and future key restrictions (no-*-forwarding, etc.).
Also add permissive versions of the existing restrictions, e.g.
"no-pty" -> "pty". This simplifies the task of setting up
restricted keys and ensures they are maximally-restricted,
regardless of any permissions we might implement in the future.
* ssh(1): add ssh_config CertificateFile option to explicitly list
* ssh-keygen(1): allow ssh-keygen to change the key comment for all
* ssh-keygen(1): allow fingerprinting from standard input, e.g.
"ssh-keygen -lf -"
* ssh-keygen(1): allow fingerprinting multiple public keys in a
file, e.g. "ssh-keygen -lf ~/.ssh/authorized_keys" bz#1319
* sshd(8): support "none" as an argument for sshd_config
Foreground and ChrootDirectory. Useful inside Match blocks to
override a global default. bz#2486
* ssh-keygen(1): support multiple certificates (one per line) and
reading from standard input (using "-f -") for "ssh-keygen -L"
* ssh-keyscan(1): add "ssh-keyscan -c ..." flag to allow fetching
certificates instead of plain keys.
* ssh(1): better handle anchored FQDNs (e.g. 'cvs.openbsd.org.') in
hostname canonicalisation - treat them as already canonical and
remove the trailing '.' before matching ssh_config.
* sftp(1): existing destination directories should not terminate
recursive uploads (regression in openssh 6.8) bz#2528
* ssh(1), sshd(8): correctly send back SSH2_MSG_UNIMPLEMENTED
replies to unexpected messages during key exchange. bz#2949
* ssh(1): refuse attempts to set ConnectionAttempts=0, which does
not make sense and would cause ssh to print an uninitialised stack
* ssh(1): fix errors when attempting to connect to scoped IPv6
addresses with hostname canonicalisation enabled.
* sshd_config(5): list a couple more options usable in Match blocks.
* sshd(8): fix "PubkeyAcceptedKeyTypes +..." inside a Match block.
* ssh(1): expand tilde characters in filenames passed to -i options
before checking whether or not the identity file exists. Avoids
confusion for cases where shell doesn't expand (e.g. "-i ~/file"
vs. "-i~/file"). bz#2481
* ssh(1): do not prepend "exec" to the shell command run by "Match
exec" in a config file, which could cause some commands to fail
in certain environments. bz#2471
* ssh-keyscan(1): fix output for multiple hosts/addrs on one line
when host hashing or a non standard port is in use bz#2479
* sshd(8): skip "Could not chdir to home directory" message when
ChrootDirectory is active. bz#2485
* ssh(1): include PubkeyAcceptedKeyTypes in ssh -G config dump.
* sshd(8): avoid changing TunnelForwarding device flags if they are
already what is needed; makes it possible to use tun/tap
networking as non-root user if device permissions and interface
flags are pre-established
* ssh(1), sshd(8): RekeyLimits could be exceeded by one packet.
* ssh(1): fix multiplexing master failure to notice client exit.
* ssh(1), ssh-agent(1): avoid fatal() for PKCS11 tokens that present
empty key IDs. bz#1773
* sshd(8): avoid printf of NULL argument. bz#2535
* ssh(1), sshd(8): allow RekeyLimits larger than 4GB. bz#2521
* ssh-keygen(1): sshd(8): fix several bugs in (unused) KRL signature
* ssh(1), sshd(8): fix connections with peers that use the key
exchange guess feature of the protocol. bz#2515
* sshd(8): include remote port number in log messages. bz#2503
* ssh(1): don't try to load SSHv1 private key when compiled without
SSHv1 support. bz#2505
* ssh-agent(1), ssh(1): fix incorrect error messages during key
loading and signing errors. bz#2507
* ssh-keygen(1): don't leave empty temporary files when performing
known_hosts file edits when known_hosts doesn't exist.
* sshd(8): correct packet format for tcpip-forward replies for
requests that don't allocate a port bz#2509
* ssh(1), sshd(8): fix possible hang on closed output. bz#2469
* ssh(1): expand %i in ControlPath to UID. bz#2449
* ssh(1), sshd(8): fix return type of openssh_RSA_verify. bz#2460
* ssh(1), sshd(8): fix some option parsing memory leaks. bz#2182
* ssh(1): add a some debug output before DNS resolution; it's a
place where ssh could previously silently stall in cases of
unresponsive DNS servers. bz#2433
* ssh(1): remove spurious newline in visual hostkey. bz#2686
* ssh(1): fix printing (ssh -G ...) of HostKeyAlgorithms=+...
* ssh(1): fix expansion of HostkeyAlgorithms=+...
* ssh_config(5), sshd_config(5): update default algorithm lists to
match current reality. bz#2527
* ssh(1): mention -Q key-plain and -Q key-cert query options.
* sshd_config(8): more clearly describe what AuthorizedKeysFile=none
* ssh_config(5): better document ExitOnForwardFailure. bz#2444
* sshd(5): mention internal DH-GEX fallback groups in manual.
* sshd_config(5): better description for MaxSessions option.
* ssh(1), sftp-server(8), ssh-agent(1), sshd(8): Support Illumos/
Solaris fine-grained privileges. Including a pre-auth privsep
sandbox and several pledge() emulations. bz#2511
* Renovate redhat/openssh.spec, removing deprecated options and
* configure: allow --without-ssl-engine with --without-openssl
* sshd(8): fix multiple authentication using S/Key. bz#2502
* sshd(8): read back from libcrypto RAND_* before dropping
privileges. Avoids sandboxing violations with BoringSSL.
* Fix name collision with system-provided glob(3) functions.
* Adapt Makefile to use ssh-keygen -A when generating host keys.
* configure: correct default value for --with-ssh1 bz#2457
* configure: better detection of _res symbol bz#2259
* support getrandom() syscall on Linux
- SHA1 (openssh-7.2.tar.gz) = 9567d00fffe655010c087aeb80c830cecbbecca6
- SHA256 (openssh-7.2.tar.gz) = 99GsHA8NwSGuEJhMc7hAOQ510y1xfGx27uJqyw73sCI=
- SHA1 (openssh-7.2p1.tar.gz) = d30a6fd472199ab5838a7668c0c5fd885fb8d371
- SHA256 (openssh-7.2p1.tar.gz) = lzzDey81l+TPWZsJ5gTnnA/l2bb1laJOke0GYoYLSsM=
Please note that the SHA256 signatures are base64 encoded and not
hexadecimal (which is the default for most checksum tools). The PGP
key used to sign the releases is available as RELEASE_KEY.asc from
the mirror sites.
- Please read http://www.openssh.com/report.html
Security bugs should be reported directly to firstname.lastname@example.org
OpenSSH is brought to you by Markus Friedl, Niels Provos, Theo de
Raadt, Kevin Steves, Damien Miller, Darren Tucker, Jason McIntyre,
Tim Rice and Ben Lindstrom.
Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to
Cygwin Project Co-Leader cygwin AT cygwin DOT com
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple