This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: info-6.1 segmentation fault
- From: Mikhail Usenko <cygwin at inbox dot ru>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 3 Mar 2016 23:00:57 +0300
- Subject: Re: info-6.1 segmentation fault
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <announce dot 56B68CF3 dot 8030006 at cornell dot edu> <20160303183657 dot 65b9a9e283e2b86e23ad1471 at inbox dot ru> <loom dot 20160303T164508-758 at post dot gmane dot org>
On Thu, 3 Mar 2016 15:46:02 +0000 (UTC)
Achim Gratz <...> wrote:
> Mikhail Usenko <cygwin <at> inbox.ru> writes:
> > info 6.1 crashes to segmentation fault on every run.
> > Downgarding to version 6.0 resolves the problem.
> > Does anyone come across with this or it is my local issue?
> WJFFM. Local issue or some interaction with your environment is most
> likely. Have you run cygcheck?
Yes and it was/is OK for all installed packages.
I have just found the cause:
>From strace output it can be observed that version 6.1
get an access violation exception after trying to read from the .infokey file.
And then, info-6.1 crashes if the .infokey file contains the lines that
disable the default key bindings by overriding them with the action 'invalid'
according to as described in info-stnd manual.
Perhaps it is an upstream bug.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple