This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: info-6.1 segmentation fault
- From: Ken Brown <kbrown at cornell dot edu>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 3 Mar 2016 15:31:02 -0500
- Subject: Re: info-6.1 segmentation fault
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <announce dot 56B68CF3 dot 8030006 at cornell dot edu> <20160303183657 dot 65b9a9e283e2b86e23ad1471 at inbox dot ru> <loom dot 20160303T164508-758 at post dot gmane dot org> <20160303230057 dot dad325cdf38a34000b019dc4 at inbox dot ru>
On 3/3/2016 3:00 PM, Mikhail Usenko wrote:
I have just found the cause:
From strace output it can be observed that version 6.1
get an access violation exception after trying to read from the .infokey file.
And then, info-6.1 crashes if the .infokey file contains the lines that
disable the default key bindings by overriding them with the action 'invalid'
according to as described in info-stnd manual.
Perhaps it is an upstream bug.
Thanks for the report. I can confirm this on 64-bit Cygwin but not
32-bit. I'll look into it.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple