This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
library compilation undefined reference to extern function
- From: "Azatyan, Anushavan" <anushavan dot azatyan at desy dot de>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sun, 6 Mar 2016 23:27:13 +0100 (CET)
- Subject: library compilation undefined reference to extern function
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
I am compiling a huge library, which is written and compiled under Ubuntu, I have fixed some problems to get it compiled in cygwin.
The main() function is inside library. I stopped in some point which goes different in cygwin.
I have some functions which are declared as - extern void func(void); Linker gives error - undefined reference to `func()'
then I tried with this to compare differences..
using namespace std;
extern void foo(void);
cout<<" Print ";
a very simple example I can compile in linux (Ubuntu) without any problem, but in cygwin it goes with linker errors - undefined reference, in both systems I use
$ gcc -c -Wall -fpic filename.cc
$ gcc -shared -o libfoo.so filename.o
I could not find solution of this anywhere.
Best regards, Anushavan
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple