This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: openssl-1.0.2g-3
- From: Ismail Donmez <ismail at i10z dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 8 Mar 2016 19:02:47 +0200
- Subject: Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: openssl-1.0.2g-3
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <announce dot 20160308124636 dot GA32601 at calimero dot vinschen dot de>
On Tue, Mar 8, 2016 at 2:46 PM, Corinna Vinschen
> Hi folks,
> I've updated the version of OpenSSL to 1.0.2g-3.
> This version enables the IDEA and RC5 crypto ciphers. The IDEA patent
> expired in 2012 (and should have been added long ago), the RC5 patent
> expired in November 2015.
Do we really need those? OpenSSL is already full of bugs and enabling
these obscure ciphers might open new can of bugs.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple