This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Semaphore Lock Failed Error
- From: Achim Gratz <Stromeko at NexGo dot DE>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 9 Mar 2016 09:29:41 +0000 (UTC)
- Subject: Re: Semaphore Lock Failed Error
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAAeFwS3owmU++VppE_pPbX7aFcNC9a8qAvoVMLqO+jr3MAxWuQ at mail dot gmail dot com> <56DE911A dot 1010506 at gmail dot com> <CAAeFwS0z=rd7PHG9NEgCZqN2747j9uVQPeizFAH3x2atPaLiSQ at mail dot gmail dot com>
Meenakshi Pant writes:
> Our program is failing in creating and acquiring lock on the
> semaphore. Created a test program 'semtest.c'. It is creating the
> semaphore using the program semaphore.c. Compiled and executed using
> the latest CYGWIN- 2.4.1. It is failing at line
> if ((semval = semctl(*id, 1, GETVAL, semctl_arg)) < 0 )
> with error no 22.
> Code for semtest.c and semaphore.c are attached here.
That code doesn't even come close to being compilable, so it's useless as a
Since you didn't provide cygcheck output: Is cygserver running?
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple