This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Problems with Qt5's QDesktopServices::openUrl()
- From: Yaakov Selkowitz <yselkowitz at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 9 Mar 2016 23:54:04 -0600
- Subject: Re: Problems with Qt5's QDesktopServices::openUrl()
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <22234 dot 62749 dot 594000 dot 522578 at woitok dot gmail dot com>
On 2016-03-05 09:02, Dr Rainer Woitok wrote:
currently I have two applications which I compiled myself under Cygwin:
GPSBabel and QMapShack. Both use Qt5, both provide online help via the
browser, and both fail doing so in my environment. The version of my
various Qt5 packages is 5.5.1-1.
So I assume QDesktopServices::openUrl() at least under Cygwin is having
a problem with blanks in path names and maybe also with the missing
".exe" extension (see the "Launch failed" error message).
Searching for "QDesktopServices::openUrl spaces in PATH" (without the
quotes) turned up a lot of hits.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple