This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Problems with Qt5's QDesktopServices::openUrl()
- From: Yaakov Selkowitz <yselkowitz at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2016 16:30:40 -0600
- Subject: Re: Problems with Qt5's QDesktopServices::openUrl()
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <56E10BFC dot 6080903 at cygwin dot com> <22241 dot 37607 dot 865000 dot 714913 at woitok dot gmail dot com>
On 2016-03-10 09:29, Dr Rainer Woitok wrote:
On Wednesday, 2016-03-09 23:54:04 -0600, you wrote:
On 2016-03-05 09:02, Dr Rainer Woitok wrote:
currently I have two applications which I compiled myself under Cygwin:
GPSBabel and QMapShack. Both use Qt5, both provide online help via the
browser, and both fail doing so in my environment. The version of my
various Qt5 packages is 5.5.1-1.
So I assume QDesktopServices::openUrl() at least under Cygwin is having
a problem with blanks in path names and maybe also with the missing
".exe" extension (see the "Launch failed" error message).
Searching for "QDesktopServices::openUrl spaces in PATH" (without the
quotes) turned up a lot of hits.
You are right, but the ones I found refer to blanks in the path of the
file TO BE OPENED. My problem is blanks in the path of the program that
is used to open the file. This program is picked internally by QDesk-
topServices::openUrl() and is called internally, and currently it seems
the path to it must not contain blanks.
Have you tried the same on Linux?
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple